How to install PostgreSQL 14 from GitHub?
To install PostgreSQL 14 from GitHub, you can follow these steps:
- Clone the PostgreSQL 14 repository from GitHub:
git clone https://github.com/postgres/postgres.git -b REL_14_STABLE
2. Navigate to the cloned repository:
3. Install the necessary build tools and dependencies. The specific tools and dependencies needed may vary depending on your operating system and environment. For example, on Ubuntu or Debian-based systems, you can install the necessary dependencies using the following command:
sudo apt-get build-dep postgresql-14
4. Configure the build using the
This script will check your system and configure PostgreSQL with the appropriate options.
- Build and install PostgreSQL using the
sudo make install
This will build and install PostgreSQL 14 on your system.
Note: Installing PostgreSQL from GitHub is generally not recommended for production use, as it may be less stable than the official releases. It is also important to ensure that you are using a compatible version of PostgreSQL for your operating system and environment.